2 Corinthians 9:15, “Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift”
Colossians 2:9, “In [Jesus] dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily”
A new Christian sent an e-mail to a Web site that answers questions about faith. She said, “I struggle with the claim of other Christians that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven and to God. What will happen to those who believe otherwise?
My beloved, that kind of question challenges us to examine our view of Jesus. A scriptural review of Jesus Christ and His uniqueness can help us to stand strong in our belief that He is the only way to heaven. Jesus is unmatched in history. His very being cries out for us to entrust our lives to Him, because Jesus Christ is:
(1) Unique in substance. He alone is both God and man (John 20:30).
(2) Unique in prophecy. No other leader’s life was foretold so clearly and accurately (Micah 5:2).
(3) Unique in mission. Jesus alone came to save us from our sins (Matthew 1:21).
(4) Unique in birth. Only Jesus was born of a virgin (Matthew 1:23).
(5) Unique in ability. No one but Jesus has the power to forgive sins (Mark 2:10).
(6) Unique in existence. Jesus alone existed before the beginning of time (John 1:1-2).
(7) Unique in position. No one else is equal with God (Philippians 2:5-6).
(8) Unique in reign. Only Jesus reigns forever (Hebrews 1:8).
No one in all of history is like Jesus Christ. He alone deserves our trust, and He alone is the path to God. Who can estimate the preciousness of God’s gift of salvation through His Son the Lord Jesus? All we can do now and throughout eternity is to fall down in adoration before the Lord, praising Him for a salvation so wondrous and so free!
My beloved, no one is saved by their good works. God the Father longs to adopt you into His Family and the procedure is surprisingly very simple. Just come to Him in childlike faith, accepting His offer of forgiveness from your sins, which have kept you out of His Family.
Jesus Christ lived, died, and rose from the grave to show you the Father’s love and to make it possible for you to become a member of God’s family. 1 Corinthians 15:3-5 says, “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures”
My beloved, the Father is waiting to hear from you. So why not make absolutely certain of heaven by opening your heart this very moment to Jesus Christ the Savior, inviting Him to enter in, to cleanse you from sin, and to make it His permanent dwelling place? Tell Him that you believe Jesus died to pay the penalty for your sins. If you’ve done that, WELCOME to the Family of God!
Jesus Christ is the only One who can give you eternal life and He is the only path that leads to heaven.