Proverbs 14:12, “There is a way which seems right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death”
Is a person thinking right if:
(1) They believe that the same teacher who can’t teach fourth graders how to read is somehow qualified to teach those same children about sex;
(2) They believe that guns, in the hands of law-abiding Americans, are more of a threat than U. S. Nuclear weapons technology in the hands of (other nations);
(3) They believe that gender roles are artificial but being homosexual is natural.
Romans 1:26-28 states, “Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other man, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind; to do what ought not to be done”;
(4)They think you have to be against capital punishment, but should support abortion on demand.
It is very possible that about 60 million babies have been aborted between 1973 and 2019 in the United States alone. The current rate is about 2,500 every day (or about 104 every hour, and that’s 24/7). Abortion is killing – even “pro-abortion” people acknowledge this! Exodus 20:13, “Thou shalt not kill” is still in His Eternal Word (the Bible).
(5) They believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity;
(6) They believe that hunters don’t care about nature, but activists from (all over) do;
(7) They believe that NRA is bad, because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good, because it supports certain parts of the Constitution;
(8) They believe that the only reason socialism hasn’t worked anywhere it’s been tried, is because the right people haven’t been in charge;
(9) They believe that pride parades celebrating lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) should be constitutionally protected and manager scenes at Christmas and prayer in schools should be illegal.
I wonder if I have yet grasped the incredible process described in Romans 12:2, “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.” J. B. Phillips translates it, “Don’t let the world around you squeeze you into its own mold, but let God remold your minds from within.”
This is nothing short of a mental revolution, taking my normal human way of seeing life and giving me a point of view I could not have without God. Scripture memory is a powerful discipline that puts God’s living Word into our minds and gives Him the opportunity to change our thinking and reverse our views.
The Bible is meant not merely to inform but to transform.